- Previous Slide
- Next Slide
The Surf Life Saving WA Assessors Course provides Surf Life Saving Club members the opportunity to obtain knowledge and skills that will assist in planning and organising assessment processes and assessing the competence of candidates. Successful completion of this course and subsequent logbook, entitles candidates to obtain the award of WA Assessor in a chosen award.
- Plan and organise the assessment process
- Assess the competence of candidates
- Participate in an assessment validation
Recognition of Current Qualifications
This pathway allows candidates who can establish that they hold relevant and current qualifications within the Education sector to become Surf Life Saving WA Assessors without attending the face-to-face course.
These candidates will have to provide certified evidence of their relevant and current qualifications to qualify for this pathway. Successful applicants will be required to asses a number course under supervision of a qualified SLSWA Assessor and complete the logbook provided to them.
Examples of Relevant Evidence:
- University Education Degree (bachelors, diploma, etc)
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Training and Assessment
- Enterprise Training Units of Competency Statement of Attainment (from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment)
- Current WACOT card
- Current employment within a TAFE or University as a Lecturer or Tutor
*Copies of evidence provided to Surf Life Saving WA must be verified