- Previous Slide
- Next Slide
Senior First Aid training aims to develop the knowledge and skills for a person to manage emergency First Aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support.
- Apply the principals of First Aid
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Unpacking and applying a defibrillator
- Treatment of wounds, shock and severe bleeding
- Treatment of infection, shock, fractures, bleeding and burns, sprains and strains
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
- Safe manual handling techniques
Resources can be obtained by contacting the Member Education department at Surf Life Saving WA on 08 9207 6666.