- Previous Slide
- Next Slide
The Surf Life Saving WA Training Officer Course provides Surf Life Saving Club members the opportunity to obtain knowledge and skills that will assist in providing delivery of group and individual instruction, the demonstration of work skills and how to use existing learning resources in a safe and comfortable learning environment. Successful completion of this course and subsequent logbook, entitles candidates to obtain the award of WA Training Officer in a chosen award.
- Organise your instruction and demonstration
- Conduct instruction and demonstration
- Check training performance
- Review personal training performance and finalise documentation
- Prepare, deliver and evaluate presentations
- Understand the principles of effective communication
Recognition of Current Qualifications
This pathway allows candidates who can establish that they hold relevant and current qualifications within the Education sector to become Surf Life Saving WA Training Officers without attending the face-to-face course.
These candidates will have to provide certified evidence of their relevant and current qualifications to qualify for this pathway.
Successful applicants will be required to train a course under supervision of a qualified Surf Life Saving WA Trainer and complete the logbook provided to them.
Examples of Relevant Evidence:
- University Education Degree (bachelors, diploma, etc)
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Training and Assessment
- Enterprise Training Units of Competency Statement of Attainment (from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment)
- Current WACOT card
- Current employment within a TAFE or University as a Lecturer or Tutor
*Copies of evidence provided to Surf Life Saving WA must be verified